Currently, Chemical and Biophysical instrumentation in the CBIC are accounted separately. If you want to use equipment in both categories, you will need to request both accounts.
- Get an active Workday COA (Charter of Accounts) number from your advisor.
- Check to make sure your computer/smartphone is on a Yale local network.
- Click Yale FOM (Facility Online Management) to open the Yale FOM page and login using your NetID and password.
- Follow instructions to set up your personal FOM account. Let us know if your PI is not in our supervisor list.
- Follow the requested format to fill in your COA number in the accout setup page.
- Fill in and submit the biosafety form to activate the “Add this account” button. Existing FOM users can also click “My Accounts” in your FOM account to add a new account. An updated biosafety form is required for each new COA account.
- Go to the “User Home” page, click the small square button next to “Chemical and Biophysical Instrumentation Center” below “Available Equipment” to open the dropdown instrument list.
- Select the instrument you would like to access. In the pop-up “New User Application Form” choose “Internal” user and hit “Apply” button. The core manager will be informed by email and you will be contacted for trainingm arrangements.